Music Publishing Associate
||Hours: 8am–5pm Monday–Friday
||Salary: $11.00 - 12.00 per hour
Operating for more than 120 years, Lorenz is one of the country’s largest publishers, manufacturers, and distributors of printed music for schools and churches. We’re looking for a dedicated Music Publishing Associate to join our team in downtown Dayton, Ohio, just minutes from downtown dining and entertainment.
As a member of our music publishing team, you’ll be part of shaping our image and work closely with your peers to support the creation, promotion, and sale of more than 500 new products each year. At Lorenz, you’ll enjoy a casual work environment surrounded by people who are dedicated to creativity, growth, teamwork, and good stewardship.
As a Music Publishing Associate, you will:
• Provide support for product creation, print and digital promotions, and events.
• Regularly update product information and digital product databases.
• Create and maintain marketing content that supports our brands and products, including product data, ad copy, and web/email/social media content.
• Support the sales process with product and service information.
• Track costs and other relevant information to report on sales and other measurements of product and advertising effectiveness.
• Participate in efforts to continually improve our processes.
• Build and maintain relationships with colleagues and partners outside of Lorenz to contribute to publishing goals.
This opportunity is ideal for those who:
• Have excellent written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Possess a broad range of PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Experience with Microsoft Access is preferred.
• Are detail oriented and possess solid organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university. A combination of education and related experience may be considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
• Have one year of experience in an office, classroom, church. or other professional setting (preferred).
• Have some musical experience, like singing in a choir or playing in a band (preferred).
• Paid vacation and personal days (after 90 days)
• Full range of employee benefit options, including 401(k) with match and health, dental, and vision insurance
• Tuition reimbursement program for continuing education
• Paid holidays
• Free parking
• A casual environment
• Monday–Friday work week
• Lounge areas, a breakroom with a full kitchen that includes unlimited tea, Starbucks and Folgers coffees, and cocoa
Submit your résumé and cover letter describing what appeals to you most about this position and why you are a good fit to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.