Roger C. Wilson (1912–1988) was long associated with The Lorenz Corporation as a composer and editor. Born in Dayton, Ohio, he received his earliest musical education from his father, Ira B. Wilson (1880–1950), who was himself a prolific composer for Lorenz in the company's early years. Roger was further educated at the University of Southern California (Los Angeles) and then worked as a freelance composer and arranger in Los Angeles from 1932–38. In 1938, he returned to Dayton to join the editorial staff of Lorenz, where he remained for the rest of his career (except for a 1944–46 stint in the U.S. Infantry). During Wilson's many years with the company he wrote in many genres: cantatas, school operettas, secular and sacred choral music, and especially organ pieces. He was editor of The Organist from 1940–50 and also served for various periods as the editor of The Volunteer Choir (for which his father had also been editor), The Organ Portfolio, The Choir Leader, and The Choir Herald. Wilson remained active as a composer until the mid 1970s and retired from his editorial role at Lorenz in the late 1970s.